Minnetonka Public Schools provides one of the best Kindergarten experiences in Minnesota. Our primary goal is to inspire in children to love learning through social and emotional teaching strategies. Our robust curriculum balances active, playful, hands-on learning with individual, small and large-group instruction designed to nurture early academic skills and promote social development.
Why Choose Minnetonka?
Our Kindergarten teachers have a genuine love for children and Kindergarten. They inspire in a passion to wonder, discover, create and excel. Using the best of childhood development and brain research, they ignite a love of learning that burns brightly for Minnetonka students through graduation and beyond.
- K-12 Chinese & Spanish Language Immersion or English-only Instruction Options
- Personalized, child-centered education provides each student with guidance and support
- Focus on technology literacy includes K-5 computer coding
- 1:1 iPad program provides every student their own tablet
- Dynamic music, arts, and theatre programs
- In-Person and online options available
- Open enrollment welcome
Enroll Your Child Today
Enrollment is now open for in-person and Tonka Online for the 2023-24 school year. Click on the buttons below to begin your enrollment or visit the Resident Enrollment Checklist or Open Enrollment Checklist page to learn more about the enrollment process.
Not sure if you are a resident in the Minnetonka School District? Click here to find out if you live in-district.
Do you need help? Our student enrollment staff is available to assist! Call 952-401-5009 if your family last name begins with A-L or 952-401-5012 if your family last name begins with M-Z.
- The priority deadline for resident registration is January 15, 2023. If you apply after the priority deadline, first-choice schools or programs may already be filled.
- The state deadline for open enrollment applications is January 15, 2023. If you apply after the state deadline, you are not guaranteed a spot in our District.
Preschool & Early Childhood Family Education
If your child is not yet school-age, please consider our Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) and Minnetonka Preschool options. Minnetonka Preschool focuses on preparing children for kindergarten by following Minnesota’s Early Learning Standards and implementing research-based curriculum and assessment. From Baby and Me classes to preschool, we support children and parents every step of the way. You can also contact our enrollment office with your child's name and date of birth; this will ensure you receive future enrollment information.
Contact Student Accounting
Student last names A-L:
Student last names M-Z:
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Minnetonka Schools Student Registration
5621 County Rd 101
Minnetonka, MN 55345
*Please note, to schedule a tour you may call the school of interest directly or complete our visit form.
Submit questions and feedback online and receive a response within one business day through Let’s Talk.