Qaybta 504 Su'aalaha
Section 504 FAQ
Below are frequently asked questions about Section 504.
- If my child has a diagnosed disability will s/he have a 504 Plan?
- Does my child with a medical condition need a 504 plan or an Individual Health Plan (IHP)?
- What is the difference between an IEP and a 504 Plan?
- What kinds of concerns may indicate a need for a Section 504 Evaluation?
- What questions will the school team consider in determining a need for a Section 504 Plan?
- What kinds of program changes or accommodations are available to support students on a 504 Plan?
- How does discipline work for a student with a Section 504 Plan?
- Temporary Disabilities
- What can a parent do if they disagree with the 504 Plan or eligibility determination?
- Does a 504 Plan provide for extended time on standardized exams?
For more information, refer to:
Always contact your school 504 coordinator first. You can find their contact information here. You may also contact your school's principal.
Submit questions and feedback online and receive a response within one business day through Let's Talk.