2023 Season Update
Please note these important dates for the upcoming season:
- Tryouts scheduled for March 20-23 (Mon-Thu).
- Team rosters will be posted here on Thu., March 23 evening.
- Practice kicks off on Friday, March 24.
- Photos – all teams/coaches/managers: Saturday morning, March 25 (time TBA)
Support Tonka Baseball
Skippers Alumni Players, Parents and Fans – we need your help in keeping Veterans the “premier high school baseball field” in the state. Please consider a monetary donation to Minnetonka Baseball. Learn more at https://bit.ly/tbfund
2022 Season review
It's become a tradition for Skippers Baseball to assist with board installation for the North American Pond Hockey Championship on Lake Minnetonka in Excelsior. A great way to serve the community, have some fun and bond before the season kicks off. Nicely done, fellas!
tonka baseball on twitter
Skippers Record Book
- Skippers Head Coach Paul Twenge was inducted into the National High School Baseball Coaches Association (NHSBCA) Hall of Fame on January 9, 2021 along with Hallsville (Missouri) High School Coach Barry Koeneke. Both were formally recognized along with the 2020 class of four in December 2021 at the NHSBCA Convention in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Head Coach Paul Twenge was chosen as one of eight finalists for the 2019 National High School Athletic Coaches Association (NHSACA) National Coach of the Year Award.
- Coach Twenge and Coach Fasnacht both received COY awards from the NHBCA at their annual convention in late November of 2018. Over 8,000 coaches attended this event.
op left: Coach Twenge (third from right) receives his COY award; right: Coach Fasnacht at the awards banquet after receiving his NHBCA Assistant Coach of the Year award.
Head Coach: Paul Twenge
Assistant: Chris Wilson
Hitting: Adam Goethke
Pitching Coach: Dave Maurer
Catching Coach: Jack Claeys
Head Coach: Ian Walkowski
Assistant Coach: Brendan Dye
JV/Soph Pitching Coach:
A Head Coach: Ryan Helgeson
B Head Coach: Rob Hager
B Assistant: Nick Gabler
Freshman Coord.: Peter Swenson
A Head Coach: Bailey Melz
B Head Coach: Johnny Roche
B Volunteer Coach: Josh Bakke